How BIG?

 BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My New ROOM!!!



As you guys know Soley is not the best sleeper. So we decided to make her crib into a big bed, we had already purchased the conversion kit, so we just had to buy the mattress. Soley sleeps great in our room, but Jon is to loud and she wakes up very easy. For some reason she sleeps so well in a big bed. So we went ahead and converted her crib. With that being said her room was just teal and red now, because the bedding was only for the crib. I called the company and they do not just sell the fabric, so I had to do a little thinking and work, but I have to say I am pleased with how it all came out. Lucky for me Karen was in town to help out with the sewing machine! (I am pretty good, but she is really good!)

What we did... I took apart the crib skirt and sewed it onto the duvet to make a ruffle at the top and bottom ( One was put on upside down so that is would fold over to make the top and the other was put on underneath to act like an extension.) I also took apart the bumper pad to make pillows, and put a bumper on the headboard for decoration. Last I took apart the mobile to make the flowers on the head board.

Let me know what you think!!!













































































3 comments:

Samantha said...

This turned out even better than I imagined. In the picture the duvet looks bright pink, but it is still the red? Wonderful impro SIL! Soley is gonna love jumping on that bed :).

Mma said...

Very clever idea and how nice it all looks. I can't imagine ever being able to put my kids or Liam in a bed at Soley's age...how fortunate for you that she actually stays in her bed...WOW!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes it is red :)