How BIG?

 BabyFruit Ticker

Sunday, March 16, 2014

6 Months...

Can you believe it? Yes 6 months ago today, at 4:30 pm we welcomed baby Mya into our home! Sometimes it seems like a whirl wind that 6 months ago we were parents to one 3 year old and now we have 3 kids 3 and under! With that said I wanted to recap that wonderful day 6 months ago.

It was a regular Monday morning Soley and I were playing at the park with My friend Dan and his little boy Rolfe.  After an hour or so of playing we headed back to our car to pack up and go, before I was out of the parking lot my phone rang, it was our social worker.  She said that they had a little baby girl named Mya who they were searching for a home for and would we be interested, I immediately said yes, or worker told me to call Jon and confirm but I proceeded to tell her that we were taking her anyways, lol.  I did call Jon and we both decided that we would take her.  Never in my wildest dreams could I imagine all that would come from one simple yes.
Soley and I spent the day running errands, getting a new car seat, pulling out Soley's old clothes (keep in mind all we knew was that she was a she and she was 3 months old, and obviously a little other facts that we don't disclose)  I called both my parents, in laws and brother and sister in law, and told them.  Each and every single one of them were so excited and were praying for our journey before it had begun.  Around 4pm I got a call saying that they had found Mya and they were on there way.  At 4:30 the door bell rang, and My heart sunk and my eyes welled with tears there sat this tiny child of God smiling from ear to ear as she looked into my eyes from her car seat.  I will never forget the first time I looked at her, it was as if she had always been in my heart.  The social worker gave us our contract and a binder and off she went.  All we knew was the type of formula she ate, and that was about it.  At that point I started to panic a little as we needed formula, diapers, wipes, bottles, etc.  (We had put in for a placement 3 and under, so we could not be prepared for that wide of a range of stuff) My parents joined us for dinner that night (they brought us qdoba) Both my parents fell in love with Mya on first sight as well, I mean who would not? The days, weeks and months to follow, have gone by so fast.  There are days when I'm not sure I can do it all.  There were months when Mya was up 15 times a night (she is still up 3-5 times a night now), she has therapy 3 times a week, doctors appointments, visits with dad 40 min one way every week, and social worker visits. But no matter what the last 6 months have entailed every min was worth it.  Her smile, her sweet little giggle, her saying dada for the first time, all of these things make us fall deeper in love with her. We have seen her sit up, roll over, laugh, stand, cruise, crawl all for the first time. I'm there every time she needs anything 24 hours a day, I am her mom, her foster mom that is.  I don't know what the future holds for sweet Mya or our family, it's a daily struggle for me to find contentment in this situation but no matter what the Lord decides I will love this little girl for the rest of my life. Thank you Lord for the 6 months we have spent with Mya, I look forward to the days to come, no matter how many or few that may be.



No comments: