How BIG?

 BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Better days...

So the other day I went back to that post I shared with you guys from daddy's tractor, there were over 300 comments that people had left sharing all of their stories... thought I would share this with you. Defiantly makes those hard days feel better around here. 


I’m not a foster parent but I was a foster child. I had my heartbreak leaving a home. When you leave something that isn’t desirable and are put in a home where someone gives a crap about you and than you’re torn from that and given back to your parents who screw up again and put you back in another home it sucks. You wonder why foster kids are so reserved sometimes, scared, don’t like to get attached it’s because we go through a lot more at a young age than most people should. We see things we shouldn’t, we get treated in ways we shouldn’t but sometimes it takes people who are willing to give that love and support to flourish us into young productive adults who end up having a normal teenage life and become outstanding adults. Here I stand after graduating out of the system with a 4.0 in college obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. I got placed with someone who encouraged me to be active in high school, I played sports which my foster mother went to almost every game of mine. I made honor roll and was rewarded for good behavior. I got to be a normal teenager, no worries of what the past had dealt me because I was taught that I could make my own future regardless of where I came from…foster home or not. I just wish there was more people out there who did do this for kids like me. I am the impact that you can make on society. Instead of getting on drugs, being low income and depending on the government, I am on the path of success because someone decided they could do it and that I was worth it!

No comments: